How to Prepare Vegetable Egg Stew
How to Prepare Vegetable Egg Stew is very easy, Adding vegetables to egg stew is one good way to get your fussy eater to get those nutrients from veggies in, especially if they love their eggs. I mince my vegetables for making this vegetable egg stew using a chopper, so that it will not look too big and as well blend inwith the stew. You can use a knife to thinly shred yours or also lightly pound in a mortar to get that ‘mincy’ appearance, especially if you have kids that pick out the green veggies from their stew…this will prove hard for them while they enjoy the yummy egg stew.
This nicely and simply flavoured vegetable egg stew can be eaten with a lot of Nigerian foods like yam, potatoes, plantain, rice, beans etc. I paired it in the picture with boiled ripe plantain to make a delicious healthy filling meal for my kids.
Vegetable Egg Stew Recipe
- 400g tomatoes (about 3-4 big plum tomatoes)
- 4-6 eggs
- 1 onion
- 2-3 tbsp ground crayfish
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cooking spoons vegetable oil
- Bunch of minced or thinly shredded green vegetable (Ugu, Kale, Green etc)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Water
- Blend tomatoes and onions together to a smooth paste. Add oil in a pot and pour in the tomato mix in once oil is heated.
- Add the curry powder and crayfish once the tomatoes begin to boil. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring at intervals and then add the water, salt and pepper if using. (I didn’t add salt as the crayfish flavour was enough)
- Break eggs into a bowl, whisk well an pour into the stew. Cover the pot without stirring and allow the eggs cook for about a minute or more and form clumps.
- Stir gently and add the vegetables to the pot. Bring down and let the heat cook the vegetables to avoid overcooking.
Have You Checked Out: Recipe of the day: How to prepare sweet potato porridge